Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Our Master Rapper

I’m freakin’ busy these past few days… and the lost of my favorite rapper FrancisM bothers me a lot for I admire this guy… so much….

I remember when I was ten when I started to like his songs and come up memorizing every lines of it. FrancisM is popularly known as the Master Rapper of the Philippines who introduced “YO!” when their first album was released in the 90’s referring to various classes in the society through his songs. The song “Mga Kababayan Ko” really hits the music industry by that time which every Filipino youth barely enjoys the true meaning of it. Aside from being the true Master Rapper, he merely awakens every Filipino’s heart and mind to love our country candidly for as per FranciM, we do perfectly belong in the same races.

I love his song “Kaleidoscope World” because it touches my heart every time I hear it. It sounds so cool in my ears. And lately I was hearing about the song “Lando” by Gloc 9 Feat. FracisM, actually it was a snappy song for me. “Cold Summer Nights” was the song I adored most way back then.

I was in grieved when I heard the bad news about this “Man from Manila.” He was a huge lost and the way he gave his love to our country can never be paid of by anyone. On the other side of being a “FrancsiM”, I can’t indeed see a person more closely to him.

He died at the age of 44 last March 6, 2009 with acute myelogenous leukemia. And because of his contributions in promoting patriotism through music, the Philippine government has announced that he will be awarded with Presidential Medal of Merit. (But anyway co-Filipinos, question: Why didn’t the government gave this award to the master rapper when he was still alive so he could appreciate it then?)

Farewell master rapper, you’ll stay here forever in the heart of every Filipino. R.I.P “yo!”

No comments: