Friday, November 14, 2008

Care to have an Ambigram tats?

One thing that I like on tattoos is that they come in various features which will give you a choice to choose what will best fit on your skin’s design. Well, I usually prefer to have oriental tats on my body and I love having them on my back. Other tattoo designs are great too. But look what stun me here is the ambigram tattoos. Ambigram are usually known as an inversion or flipscript which is actually a graphical figure that spells out a word not just in a way or form that is presented but most likely in another direction. The text is spelled out and can be read the same way. As per Douglas R. Hofstadter explains that an ambigram design is a calligraphic art that manages to squeeze two different readings but in the same set of curves. The word ambigram was then first used to mean “ambiguous anagram.”

However, some guys and gals tend to choose ambigram as their tattoo designs and customize it even more for a greater outcome of the tats. I was thinking to have one too, but I think not now. I need sometime to think about it first and make my own cool text to relate it to my first and upcoming tats. But if in case I will do so I’ll be putting up Jericho’s name in an ambigram style that looks like an oriental one.


No comments: